The BISON project will focus on the following research areas:
- Cell biology
- Biological chemistry and synthetic biology
- New generation of therapeutics
Figure 1 highlights the action logic, showing how the project channels knowledge from the internationally leading partners towards strengthening of key areas for further development of CEITEC MU.
With the respect of the scientific topics the BISON scientific objectives are:
- Extending the NMR methodology for characterization of disordered proteins;
- Developing efficient bioanalytical approaches, integrating chemical, biochemical, electrochemical and biophysical techniques, for studies of nucleic acids structure and protein-nucleic acid interactions.
Biological chemistry and synthetic biology:
- Testing potential novel antibiotics and antiviral compounds;
- Modelling compounds interacting with and targeting specific nucleic acid structures.
New generation of therapeutics:
- Developing integrated electrochemical/biophysical techniques for monitoring of activities of enzymes acting on nucleic acids (such as nucleases, ligases, polymerases and other nucleic acid modifying enzymes);
- Describing molecular details of virus replication in vivo by using a combination of visible light fluorescent and cryo-electron microscopy.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 692068.
Disclaimer: This website and included materials reflect only the author’s view and the Research Executive Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.